Saturday, August 04, 2007

Hisashiburi

Or, "long time no see..."

I tried to start this blog a couple of years ago, and I'm making another effort at it. I think last time I didn't have a clear idea what I wanted to use this blog for, which was why I didn't update it.

Now, though, I have more specific plans. In a couple of weeks I'll be going to WorldCon, the World Science Fiction Convention, being held in Yokohama, Japan this year. I'm going to take my camera to record the experience. I'll share those photographs here. This is the fruition of a dream of mine to visit Japan and after a year of planning and saving, the dream is becoming real.

Also, a short comic I wrote entitled "Gagaku Berceuse" won "Best Horror Story" in the Rising Stars of Manga 2007 competition sponsered by TokyoPop. You can find it in the anthology they put out each year for the contest in any major bookstore that sells Manga (suchs as Barnes & Noble and Borders). Even better, TokyoPop has invited us (my artist partner William Ruzicka and myself) to submit a proposal to turn the short story into its own graphic novel. We've been working on the proposal for the past couple of months and the feedback from the editor has been very encouraging.

That'll be it for now. I'll spend some time learning how to post photos to this blog. I'll be arriving in Japan on 8/22 (8/21 by the U.S. calendar). Look for updates after then.

Erick.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looked at all the pictures and descriptions and liked them. I'm looking forward to more. I'm sure you are having a good time in Japan. I have good memories of Japan although its been 50plus years.
Love,

Dad

August 30, 2007 at 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home