Sunday, June 29, 2008

Updated Website - Current Works - Anime Expo

First off, I updated my website. I finally added information for Gagaku Berceuse/Ghost Ensemble on the Creative Works page, plus made some corrections to my Introduction page. I'm happy to have gotten this done. The process of updating my page is so tedious and takes so much time I usually end up putting it off and putting it off and putting it off... Well, you get the idea.

Also, I recently heard from Sanny Folkesson, the illustrator for "Soft Metal," a story based on his characters that I wrote that's being serialized in the anthropomorphic anthology "Furrlough" published by Radio Comix. Sanny is working on more pages for episode 3 of that story and sent me some samples from his home in Sweden. I'm glad to hear this, and what he showed me looks pretty good. Hopefully it'll be ready to submit to the publisher soon.

Things are still happening due to the changes at TokyoPop. At their request I'm turning in an information sheet to them, giving them the status on the project of turning Gagaku Berceuse/Ghost Ensemble into an online pilot. With the loss of so many people all at once, it sounds like they are still trying to get a handle on all the different outstanding projects they've got going.

Finally, I've got my registration email to go to Anime Expo as an "Industry Professional." Whoo-Hoo! I've always wanted to go the AX, but it has usually been took close to Comic-Con on the calendar, and a bit too far away to get their easily. This year it's at the L.A. Convention Center, which is a two stop train/subway ride from my home. I won't go the full time (just Friday, 7/4 and Saturday, 7/5), but I am looking forward to it. If they keep it at the L.A. Convention Center it can become a more regular thing.

4 Comments:

Blogger Zorilita - Mary Bellamy said...

What did you show them that allowed you to be an industry professional? Even though I work in animation and comics, they decided that since it's not a 9-5 job I'm not professional enough. =\

July 1, 2008 at 12:08 PM  
Blogger Erick Melton said...

Short answer: Not much. When I registered online, I listed myself as an "independent contractor" and then wrote down my most recent publishing credits, starting with my winning RSOM entry from last year and my contract for the 'Shining Stars Pilot program' with TokyoPop this year. When I went to the convention I brought a copy of my contract and proof that my story was published in RSOM 7, but they just handed me my badge without asking to see anything.

July 13, 2008 at 12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work.

November 11, 2008 at 8:45 PM  
Blogger Erick Melton said...

Thanks for the compliment.

June 18, 2009 at 6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home