Saturday, July 19, 2008

Ghost Ensemble Extended/Going to Comic-Con

The completion deadline for "Ghost Ensemble," the online pilot based off our winning Rising Stars of Manga entry, "Gagaku Berceuse," has been pushed back to January 1st, 2009.

William Ruzicka, my artist/partner on the project, has been using a new technique to create the manga. It is one used by Ken Akamatsu, the creator of "Love Hina" and "Negima," where you use 3D modeling software to create the environment where the action takes place. You then take snapshots of the scene and layer the other elements, such as the character renderings, on top of those snapshots. While this method takes a lot of time and effort up front, it should save time in the long run, especially with large project, such as a graphic novel or on-going series.

Unfortunately, William hit a snag in trying to get the right look of the line work, causing us to come up on our deadline. When we contacted TokyoPop, they basically told us take our time and extended our deadline until the beginning of next year. I know William is pleased with the extension. I'll keep you posted on how things turn out.

Secondly, next week I'll be in San Diego for Comic-Con. This has become an annual pilgrimage for us. An opportunity to get away from the real world and rejoin "the tribe." I'll be there all four days, including Preview Night on Wednesday. William, due to his new job, can only make it Saturday and Sunday. I'll take my camera and will try to post a daily update on my experiences there. If you're coming and want to say "Hi" you can send an email to my gmail account, bifrostbridge@gmail.com (you can find the link in my profile to the left hand side). I can get messages from that account on my cell phone.

Erick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home